Arthur Keller in Mr Turk swimwear
Adam Nicklas in Mr Turk Mariner Stripe Trunk
Arthur Keller in Mr Turk Swimwear
Parker Hurley in Mr Turk #parkerhurley #mrturk
Had the pleasure of photographing super-athlete, artist and model #ParkerHurley on the Santa Monica Rings. Btw he’s wearing a #mrturk swimsuit
Get to know Julian Gabriel, the new web swimwear model for mrturk.com!
Twenty-three year old Miami model, Julian Gabriel, took some time during his stay in Los Angeles, CA to talk fashion and fitness. Here is the behind the scenes interview with Julian!
Hello Julian, I’m excited to be interviewing you for Mr Turk’s social media sites!
Q1: So now that you’re here at Mr Turk, what are your thoughts on the brand?
- Obsessed! I am in love with the colors and patterns. It is so Miami, it’s young and fresh!
Q2: Give me some background information such as your hometown, your family, your education, where you live now and anything else you consider interesting!
- Well, I grew up in Miami, Spanish oriented, oldest child, center of attention, high school jock, former frat boy, over achiever, law student.
Q3: Do you speak other languages?
- English and Spanish, fluently.
Q4: How do you manage law school and your modeling career?
- It’s tough. I study in airports, carry flashcards, and make arrangements with professors. I’ve never had to try all that hard but now it is challenging.
Q5: Let’s look back at how you started modeling, tell me about how you got discovered.
- An in house photographer saw pictures of me from Ultra Festival. He contacted me on Facebook and after some time, I agreed to have my picture taken by him. The photographer sent my pictures to Elite and that was that.
Q6: Tell me about your first photo shoot, did you feel comfortable in front of the camera?
- A little too natural and comfortable. I pretty much grew up in my underwear, I am very secure in myself.
Q7: What kind of assignments, as a model, do you prefer? (photo shoot for campaigns and ads, fashion shows, Tv commercial and so on…)
- Editorial shoots. Shoots that tell a story. I like connecting with the photographer and bringing the vision to life.
Q8: What is the strangest request you have encountered in your modeling career?
- I don’t do nudes or poses that give the illusion that I am naked. I once did a shoot with animals all around me, that was weird.
Q9: Is there a favorite current trend in menswear that you like?
- I love Mr Turk’s swimwear. I like wearing less clothing, bright and loud colors matched with neutrals.
Q10: How do you stay in such great shape? What is your nutrition?
- Well, I don’t talk about this often but growing up my youngest sister was diagnosed with type one diabetes. Everything at home became organic. I was the kind of kid asking the cafeteria lady if there was any hummus in middle school. We didn’t eat chips or ice cream and I had my first gym membership at age thirteen. Recently, I have just been doing cardio, swimming, and I love working on my abs, even in the shower.
Q11: What tips do you have for men that would like to have a body like yours? How often do you go to the gym?
- You just need to be happy with the genetics that you have. I have been very athletic since a young age and everybody’s body is different.
Q12: Do you have a personal motto, or words that you live by?
- “Live life with no regrets.” You know, do exiting things; act goofy!
Q13: What kind of music do you like best? What’s your current favorite song?
- Red hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Maroon 5, Tiesto, David Guetta, Neon Trees, and Rihanna is my girl.
Thanks again Julian for taking the time to chat, it was a great talking to you!
1. Favorite color? Green
2. Favorite city (aside from your own)? New York
3. Favorite beach? South Beach
4. Favorite food? White rice, black beans, and Pollo a la Plancha with a lot of lemon
5. Favorite exercise? Swimming
6. Favorite sport? Baseball
7. Role model? My mom, she is more than my hero.
8. Do you enjoy to travel? Yes, it comes with the job and I LOVE it!
9. If you were stranded on an island, what three things could you not live without? Fiji water, an endless supply of Swedish Fish (the candy that is hahaha), and my iTunes music.
10. Boxers or briefs? Briefs.
Interview conducted by Alexander Chavira.Full interview coming soon on Mr Turk's Tumblr!
Follow Mr Turk on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Trendabl